General Practice medicine plays a fundamental and essential role in the Irish health system. It is estimated that every person on the island of Ireland visits their GP 4.34 times a year which is approximately 22 million individual GP consultations annually. This is an extraordinarily high number and in the vast majority of consultations, the GP function is carried out to the highest of standards. However, there are circumstances where GP negligence claims can arise.
Typical examples of GP negligence we have seen include a failure to properly investigate a patients symptoms, failure to properly act upon receiving test results, maintaining poor medical records which in turn can lead to confusion or consequentially the wrong medical advice given, a failure to refer the patient to an appropriate specialist and writing prescriptions negligently so that the wrong medication or incorrect dosage is prescribed causing the patient harm.
The consequence of GP negligence can be quite significant for the patient and can include receiving the wrong treatment, a deterioration of a medical condition or injury, and the need for further treatments that would otherwise have been unnecessary which in turn can cause the patient further complications.
GP negligence claims
If you or a loved one have suffered harm because of GP negligence, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. It is important you seek advice as soon as possible to protect your legal rights. We believe in putting you our client first and we are committed to achieving the best result possible while all the time remaining sensitive to your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us below and will be pleased to discuss your case and offer no obligation advice.
- Accident and Emergency (A&E) Negligence Claims
- Anaesthetic Negligence Claims
- Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES) Claims
- Compensation Payable in Medical Negligence
- Delayed Diagnosis Claims
- Health Service Executive (HSE) Negligence
- Hospital Negligence Claims
- Medical Negligence – Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Negligence Claims
- Midwife Negligence Claims
- Neurology Negligence Claims
- Nursing Negligence Claims
- Obstetrics negligence claims
- Paediatric Negligence Claims
- Sepis Negligence Claims
- Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Claims