Vulvar cancer is thankfully a rare type of cancer which affects women and occurs on the outer surface area of the female genitalia. This type of cancer affects approximately 60 women in Ireland annually. The cancer can arise as a lump or sore on the vulvar which may cause itching or discomfort. It has been observed in women with more advanced stage of this cancer that the groin nodes are enlarged. Diagnosis of this disease is normally made by a gynaecological oncologist and typical investigations will include a full blood count, various radiological examinations including a CT and MRI of the pelvis and abdominal. A biopsy procedure may also be carried out. There are many treatment options depending on the stage or progression of the cancer as well as the individual woman. Treatment can include excision which essentially cuts out the cancer or a vulvectomy which removes part or the entire vulvar. This unfortunately can have profound effects on the woman’s psychosexual function. Treatment can also extend to removing lymph nodes.
For a successful medical negligence claim it would be required to show that the delay in diagnosing vulvar cancer caused the disease to progress and spread where it otherwise may not have. The usual failures we would know of can include a failure to take a complete and accurate history with the woman, either by the GP and/or the gynaecological oncologist, a failure by the GP to refer to an appropriate specialist, and also an error in interpreting the various investigations and tests, which in turn lead to a delay in the diagnosis of the cancer.
Our vulvar cancer misdiagnosis solicitors
If you or a loved one have suffered harm because of negligent delay or misdiagnosis of vulvar cancer, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. It is important you seek advice as soon as possible to protect your legal rights. We believe in putting you our client first and we are committed to achieving the best result possible while all the time remaining sensitive to your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us below and will be pleased to discuss your case and offer no obligation advice.
- Bladder cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Bowel cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Breast cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Cervical cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Gastric/stomach cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Laryngeal cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Lung cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Lymphoma misdiagnosis claims
- Melanoma cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Oesophageal cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Ovarian cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Pancreatic cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Prostate cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Renal cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Tongue cancer misdiagnosis claims