Gastric or stomach cancer are cancerous cells which develop in the lining of the stomach. Symptoms can often be like the more everyday gastric symptoms we can all feel from time to time such as indigestion or stomach pain. If the disease has spread or metastasised the person may have lost considerable weight. Usually, the GP would seek a full blood count and liver function test. It would be typical to refer the person to a gastroenterologist who in turn will request various radiological examination such as a CT and also perhaps a biopsy.
Misdiagnosis of gastric cancer can unfortunately be very serious. If the chance to have surgery is lost because it is too late the only treatment usually sadly then is palliative. For a successful medical negligence claim it would be required to prove that the delay in diagnosing the gastric or stomach cancer caused the disease to progress and spread where it otherwise may not have. Typical cases we have seen involve a failure of the GP to conduct appropriate testing and/or failure to refer to an expert or indeed that gastroenterologist failing to interpret correctly the investigations which in turn lead to delay in diagnosis of the cancer.
Our gastric/stomach cancer misdiagnosis solicitors
If you or a loved one have suffered harm because of negligent delay or misdiagnosis of gastric/stomach cancer, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. It is important you seek advice as soon as possible to protect your legal rights. We believe in putting you our client first and we are committed to achieving the best result possible while all the time remaining sensitive to your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us below and will be pleased to discuss your case and offer no obligation advice.
- Bladder cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Bowel cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Breast cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Cervical cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Laryngeal cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Lung cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Lymphoma misdiagnosis claims
- Melanoma cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Oesophageal cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Ovarian cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Pancreatic cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Prostate cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Renal cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Tongue cancer misdiagnosis claims
- Vulvar cancer misdiagnosis claims